Terms and Conditions of Hire for Dj Kool Kids
1. BOOKING PROCEDURE
When booking, please provide the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Address
- Your Contact Number
- Date of Event
- Type of Event (e.g. Birthday, Wedding)
- Venue Name, Address and Contact Number
- A contact name and mobile number that can be used in case of emergency on the night
- Start and Finish Time
- Your playlist, including any special requests
- Details (including contact names and numbers) of any other artists that we will be working with on this occasion
- Any additional requirements
For individual or group bookings, a non-refundable booking fee of £25.00. Payment of the balance is due prior to, or on arrival on the date of the event. If payment is not received, then the equipment will not be set up and the event will not go ahead.
3. CANCELLATION TERMS
All clients must adhere strictly to our Cancellation Terms as stated below. Failure to comply may result in legal action. In the event of a cancellation the following will apply.
- Party cancellation or postponement at any point following receipt of booking confirmation from ourselves up to the day of the party/event - deposit retained
- Party cancelled on the day of the event - 50% (half) charge payable
- Party cancelled on the day of the event with less than 3 hours before the start time - 100% (full) charge payable
- If the party is paid for in full at the time of booking and cancellation is made before the day of the party. Dj Kool Kids will retain the deposit and refund the rest in line with the above terms.
- If the party venue changes. Depending on where the new party location is, Dj Kool Kids reserves the right to cancel the party and retain the deposit as this may affect the logistics for travelling to or from another party.
- If the party is cancelled due to an act of God, ie storm, snow etc or any outbreak of any major illness or virus. Dj Kool Kids will retain the deposit and offer the customer an alternative date. No deposit refunds will be given.
- Party cancellation due to an issue with the venue - deposit retained
We normally set up equipment 30-60 minutes prior to the start of an event (depending on the package booked) and remove it when the event has finished. Equipment removal typically takes 30-45 minutes - please ensure that you take this into account when booking a venue and ensure that access to the venue will be available during these times.
The hirer & third party hirers will be responsible for the safety and security of all our equipment left for their hire as per clauses i – iii as stated below. This includes tampering with and theft of equipment. It is strictly forbidden for anyone else other than a person authorised by us to use or move our equipment without our express permission.
i. When a hirer wants equipment to be set up more than 45-60 minutes before start time.
ii. When the hirer wants equipment left within a venue to support activities on consecutive dates
iii. Third party hirers: It is the responsibility of 3rd party hirers to ensure that their clients are aware of our terms and conditions of hire (copies available on request). Should our terms be breached then we reserve the right to withdraw our services and terminate further supply. Cancellation payment as stated in 3 above will apply to all outstanding confirmed bookings.
All hirers should understand that it may not be possible to set up equipment immediately prior to start of an event; therefore other arrangements should be made to accommodate this. Clauses i – iii above may apply.
Where access is denied upon our arrival (due to over running of earlier proceedings or for any other reason) to set up equipment completely, or a storage area close to our set up area can not be provided - we will, if logistically possible, endeavour to accommodate set up at a later time. In these circumstances we cannot guarantee that the event will begin at the planned start time. If we are required to leave and return to the delivery address due to issues with access, an additional charge will be levied (see Additional Charges below).
- The hirer will not be held responsible when a "waiting time" charge has been paid to cover the whole period before start time.
- When we choose to set up equipment earlier: more than 45-60 minutes prior to start time due to our own logistical constraints. This is subject to our discretion.
The following additional charges may apply to your booking:
- An additional charge will be applied to out of area work (non local). Price on application.
- A venue/location deemed to have restricted/difficult access (i.e. access to venue by more than 1 floor up or down, using lifts or vehicle delivery/parking/access restrictions) will incur an additional charge. Price on application.
- Any disco or DJ hire finishing after midnight will be subject to an additional charge of £50 per hour, or part of.
- An additional charge will be applied to outdoor work. We will only supply our services for outdoor work when we are satisfied that our specific criteria will be met and that equipment can be operated safely. Full details and prices on application.
- Additional rates will be applied to December 24, 25, 26 & 31 and January 1.
- An additional charge of £3 per mile (measured from venue to our base) with a minimum charge of £25.00 will be applied when access to the venue for set up is denied at the agreed and a return visit is necessary.
- All Hirers should note that it is always better to extend a hire in advance of the date, if it is thought that additional playing time may be required. Charges applied then would be as our normal hourly rate and subject to any surcharges as detailed in clause 3 above. No refunds are made for non-use of additional time. Please note if a Hirer requests additional time to be added to a hire on the day of the hire, or after the hire has commenced, additional charges will be applied and payable in cash on that day in advance of extra time being played.
- The number of birthday children and attendees are confirmed at the time of the booking. Any additional changes thereafter (including on the day) will incur additional cost of £10 per birthday child and £20 for the additional guests up to 65 children.
6. INDEMNITIES & LIABILITIES
It is the hirer's responsibility to organise insurance cover for their event on top of the public liability insurance held by us and for that cover be of an adequate amount to indemnify we, the company of any losses that are the result of the Hirer's event or the actions of the Hirers guests.
The Hirer is responsible for the behaviour of individuals attending the Hirer's event and for the safety of all the Company's staff present at the event.
The Hirer or Parent of the child is responsible for the safety and wellbeing of the individuals at the party and the Company can accept no liability for any injury howsoever caused of any person participating in any of our games, dances or activities.
The Hirer or the parents of the child is responsible in determining whether or not their child is allowed to have, eat or use any prize they may win from the Company. The Company can accept no liability for any injury, howsoever caused, choking or allergic reaction, due to eating or using a prize issued by the Company.
The Company cannot accept liability for any damage or allergic reaction caused when in contact with any fluids, solutions, materials or substances that may be used throughout the party, ie 'snow', bubbles, face paint, body paint, balloons, balls etc. It is the Hirer's responsibility or that of the parents of the children to determine whether or not their children can participate.
All dialogue with the Company should be conducted in an orderly and civilised manner. Insulting, demeaning, confrontational and aggressive behaviour towards the Company's staff will not be tolerated. Should at any time, any member of the Company's staff feel threatened, then, the company reserves the right to terminate the hire immediately. A refund will not be offered in this circumstance.
We the company shall not be held responsible for any loss of electrical power either permanent or temporary.
The company guarantees that all its equipment will be adequately maintained and will be of a standard to satisfy the "Health and Safety At Work Act 1974": "The Provision and Use of Work equipment Regulations 1998".
The company at all times will allow adequate travelling time to fulfil their hire obligations but accept no liability for late starting or inability to attend due to any act of God, War, Strikes, Industrial Disputes or Accidents, Fire, Flood, Snow, Drought, Adverse Weather or other cause beyond our control. The hirer would be advised of this situation as soon as possible.
Failure by the Company to exercise any of its rights shall not constitute a waiver of these rights of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any hire agreement.
8. PLEASE NOTE
Should you choose to hire our services, start and finishing times are always exact. Access times are crucial to the way we operate – holding us up could result in extra costs being levied as in clause 5 or resulting in your hire starting later.
All Discos and DJ hires are subject to availability. Equipment will be supplied in accordance with our pricing structure.
We occasionally take photographs and videos of our events for promotional purposes. Please inform us if you do not wish us to do this. Videos and Photographs taken at your event are available for review on request.
We reserve the right to cancel any booking without refund if the validity of the booking or the intentions of the Hirer are in doubt.
Recovery for damage to equipment and any loss of earnings resulting from any misuse or negligence by hirer will be sought.
All hirers are extended the same courteous service without favour. However, our hire bookings are operated on a first come first served basis.
Please respect any neighbouring properties when planning your event.
All bookings are subject to these terms and conditions